Programs & Services
What is TOP?
Meeting Street's Teen Outreach Program (TOP) works to prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections (STI) in New Bedford teens by providing an engaging after-school program focused on education, personal empowerment and community service.
The program uses the evidence-based TOP Curriculum and partners with community organizations to enroll teen groups across New Bedford.
- Build and maintain partnerships with organizations in New Bedford who possess strong relationships with teens and families within the Hispanic/LatinX population.
- Promote positive decision making and empowerment skills in teens through the delivery of the TOP curriculum.
- Increase STI and teen pregnancy awareness through strength-based curriculum and supports.
Who we Serve:
Girls between the ages of 14-19 from New Bedford. While the program focuses on service Hispanic and LatinX youth, all females between the ages of 14-19 are welcome.
There is no charge for teens or for partner organizations to participate.
What we do:
- Partner with community agencies to conduct year long, weekly, workshops for teen cohorts of up to 20 participants.
- Improve decision making and communication in teens using the TOP curriculum and community service projects.
- Provide 1:1 support and referrals for teens in need.
- Work with teen to effect community change by leveraging systems of care and community service projects.
Sign up for e-News!
Inspirational stories and community updates.
For more information or email us below.