Healthy Families America
Healthy Families America is a national evidence-based maternal and child home visiting program that provides free, voluntary, confidential services. The program pairs expectant mothers or families with newborns (younger than two weeks old) with a Family Support Worker, who provides home visiting services to the family and their child until the child’s fourth birthday.
- Build and maintain partnerships to engage families in a variety of settings, including in their home, in community, and virtually.
- Promote and strengthen positive parent-child relationships
- Promote positive growth and development in children
- Building family strengths through the promotion of protective factors
Who We Serve
Expectant mothers and families with newborns. Families may have more than one child. The program is designed for parents who are looking to access community and social supports while building self-sufficiency. Meeting Street provides services to families in Providence that fall within our income guidelines.
What We Do
- Identify the needs of families
- Provide parents the support they need to be successful
- Help parents develop positive attitudes about their roles as parents
- Increase parents' knowledge of their children's development
- Improve family Health
What You Should Do
Anyone may refer a pregnant woman or family with a newborn to Healthy Families America. Referrals are taken from:
- Healthcare and social service providers, including WIC, if they think an expectant mother would benefit from home visiting
- Families (self-referrals or family member referrals)