For children six weeks to five years old
We provide a nurturing and stimulating environment where each child receives individualized attention. Our Early Childhood Educators have designed a curriculum rich in the encouragement of imagination and problem solving skills and thought provoking activities that support your child's cognitive, physical, social and emotional growth.
The Early Learning Center is located on a Green / LEED Certified campus right off Interstate 95, near major Providence employers. The Early Learning Center hours are 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. We offer programs for infants, toddlers, preschoolers/pre-kindergarten children and children with IEPs.
- Daily communication with parents - Here at the Early Learning Center we use Brightwheel as our form of communication with families. This free app allows you to be updated on your child's day in real time, email directly with teachers and receive any newsletters or parent updates electronically.
- Continuous assessment: Staff assesses each child on a daily basis using Teaching Strategies Gold. We also formally assess twice a year.
- At Meeting Street, we look at the whole child: We are not concerned with what the development chart says, we focus on the child's strengths and create innovative ways to encourage them to work on developing as a whole. We build a foundation of confidence that will facilitate their learning throughout their school career.
Child Development and Education Expertise
- Uniquely qualified staff: Our Early Childhood Educators have a Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field. Our Teacher Assistants have either an Associate's degree or 12 credits in Early Childhood Education. They have also been trained in Brazelton Touchpoints, an approach developed at Harvard University and Boston Children’s Hospital. We are always seeking out the most current professional development opportunities for our staff to say ahead in our field.
- Licensed and accredited: The Meeting Street Early Learning Center is licensed by the state of Rhode Island and accredited by Bright Stars and the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- On-site registered nurse.
- Inclusive classrooms: At our Early Learning Center we welcome children of all abilities. Each of our classrooms is inclusive where children with and without special needs are learning and growing together and we are constantly working and evolving to improve the classroom environment for your child. Our inclusive approach makes the Early Learning Center one of the most unique learning experiences available, planting the seeds of both learning and compassion in those critical early years.
Children learn best through play, exploration, and discovery. We provide a high quality early learning environment for your child that fosters respect, care, and encouragement. We facilitate learning opportunities that enhance all areas of development. We use the Rhode Island Early Learning Development Standards along with the Creative Curriculum framework to guide us in creating a curriculum that is developmentally appropriate for all children.
Staff and families regularly come together to review and assess the progress made by each child in order to assure that needs and interests of every child are continuously being met. Together with families we partner to make this learning experience for your child a positive one. Our goal is to create a partnership of care and a classroom community where communication is key and is founded in honesty and respect.