For children six weeks to five years old
We provide a warm, stimulating environment where each child receives individual attention. Our child development specialists have designed a curriculum rich in stimulation, learning and play – one that supports your child’s cognitive, physical, social and emotional growth.
The Early Learning Center is located on a Green / LEED Certified campus right off Interstate 95, near major Providence employers. The Early Learning Center hours are 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. We offer programs for infants, toddlers, preschoolers/pre-kindergarten children and children with IEPs.
- Small class sizes: low child-to-teacher ratios ensure that children receive the support and encouragement they need to reach their full potential.
- Daily communication with parents
- Individualized learning plans: Licensed by Dept. of Special Education.
Child Development and Education Expertise
- Uniquely qualified staff: Our teachers have earned college degrees or certification in early childhood education. They have also been trained in Brazelton Touchpoints, an approach developed at Harvard University and Boston Children’s Hospital.
- Licensed and accredited: The Meeting Street Early Learning Center is licensed by the state of Rhode Island and accredited by Bright Stars and the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- On-site registered nurse.
- Inclusive classrooms: At our Early Learning Center we welcome children of all abilities. 85% of our students do not have special needs, every classroom is inclusive. Our inclusive approach makes the Early Learning Center one of the most unique learning experiences available, planting the seeds of both learning and compassion in those critical early years.
Children learn best through play, exploration, and discovery. We provide a high quality early learning environment for your child that provides acceptance, respect, care, and encouragement. We facilitate learning opportunities that enhance all areas of development. We use the Rhode Island Early Learning Development Standards along with the Creative Curriculum framework to guide us in creating a curriculum that is developmentally appropriate for all children.
Staff and families regularly come together to review and assess the progress made by each child in order to assure that needs and interests of every child are continuously being met. Together with families we partner to make this learning experience for your child a positive one.