The RI Pre-kindergarten Program is a state-funded program located on the Meeting Street Campus in Providence RI that provides free, high-quality pre-kindergarten classes to eligible children
RIDE oversees this program. To be eligible, children must be 4 years old by September 1 and they must be residents of one of the identified communities. Children are selected for participation by lottery. Learn more about Rl Pre-K.
Will your child be 4 years old by September 1st? Enter an application in the RI State Pre-Kindergarten Program Lottery!
The RI Department of Education is recruiting children who are eligible for the 2021-2022 RI Pre-K Program. Children in state-funded Pre-K classrooms are selected for participation via a lottery managed by the RI Department of Education.
- Children must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2021.
- Children must reside in the city in which the program is offered.
The program runs from September 2021 through June 2022. There is no fee associated with participation in RI Pre-K Programs.
- To apply in English and to apply in Spanish.
- The lottery is closed for the 2021-2022 academic school year.
- For more information, click here
Families can also complete the application online by visiting: